In the first word, Laragon is a GUI desktop application which provides developers with a working environment like XAMPP, HOMESTEAD and etc.
As a developer, I am going to make my coding environment comfortable. I want to focus my codes during coding. Getting Stuck to other works really is time wasting (for example building local web server, working with a non-productive terminal). When I got familiarity with laragon I really become a more productively developer :).
Laragon has a little problem that it only works natively on Windows OS.
I don't want to extend this topic more. See laragon’s benefits as below.
- Multi PHP version support
- CMDER terminal support
- Laragon provides us a strong database management system with HeidiSql, optionally you can change it for phpmyadmin.
- SSL activation
- Choosing Apache, Nginx for your web server.
- Activating Memcache, Redis
- Quick app creating with GUI application
- Changing ports very quickly and easily
- Sharing your local site for the public with Ngrok on laragon
- Email management
- Powerful universal development environment for PHP, Node.js, Python, Java, Go, Ruby. It is fast, lightweight, easy-to-use and easy-to-extend.